TOOTHACHE: CAUSES, SIGNS, SYMPTOMS, AND PREVENTIVE MEASURES.
Toothache is a dental issue where a person feels pain in or around a tooth. It is very disturbing. It distracts and prevents you from carrying out your day-to-day activities properly. They can be minor or severe. Its very important to know the home remedies for toothache, the minor toothaches come from gum irritations that can be treated at home with home remedies. But, the major toothaches come from dental or mouth problems. These cannot be treated so easily at home. It needs some medical help. Major toothache, as the name suggests, hits you with sharp and severe pain.
Severe tooth pain occurs because sometimes the pulp (a soft material inside your tooth filled with nerves, tissues, and blood vessels) gets irritated and infected by bacteria.
There are different types of toothaches. They are-
- Sharp Pain
- Throbbing Pain
- Pain when biting
- Pain in the back of the mouth
Signs and Symptoms:
There are different types of signs and symptoms of a toothache. Some of them are discussed below.
- A sharp pain might hit you when you are grinding or biting down something. Dont fall prey to a toothache when some kind of pressure is applied to the tooth.
- You might notice swelling or inflammation around the tooth.
- You might get a fever or headache.
- It is most common that when one suffers from tooth-related issues, a foul-tasting fluid comes out from the tooth that has been infected.
- Bad odour from the mouth.
- Blood from the gums.
Toothaches are caused by many factors. Some of the possible causes are listed below.
- Decaying of a tooth: It is damage to a tooth’s surface. It is also called damage to the enamel.
- Bacterial infection: Sometimes, bacteria infect the centre of the tooth.
- Broken teeth: It is the fractured tooth. It is when cracks appear in the tooth. These are common in children and older people.
- Infected gums: When your gum is infected by bacteria, your gum swells.
- Repeated motions: Certain motions like chewing or grinding repeatedly, might wear down your teeth.
- Eruption: It is when a tooth comes out of the gums.
- Removal of teeth: When a tooth is removed (wisdom teeth), you might catch infection.
Following are some of the useful Home remedies for Toothache!
Several types of remedies can make you get rid of this dental issue. Certain homes as well as herbal remedies are as follows-
- Rinse your mouth with warm saltwater: Saltwater acts as a disinfectant and helps reduce inflammation.
- Rinse with hydrogen peroxide because it helps to reduce inflammation and pain.
- Apply some kind of cold compress on the affected area such as wrapping ice cubes and compressing the area that has swelled up.
- If you are not able to reduce the swelling and intensity of the pain, you should take the help of a dental specialist. He she might prescribe you, certain painkillers.
- You can also apply a natural antiseptic called clove oil. It helps to reduce toothache and swelling.
- The alcohol in vanilla extract helps numb the pain in the affected area.
- You can also take the help of peppermint tea bags to get rid of toothache. Take a hot peppermint tea bag and compress it against the tooth and gum.
- You can also make a paste of garlic and clove and apply it to the affected area. It kills bacteria and makes you get relief from toothache.
If you have liked our content on Toothache, kindly like, comment, and share with your family and friends. One single share might help someone fix their dental-related issues and lead a happy life.
Also read : Dental Treatment